Turkey Taco Pasta from Coco and Ash
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lb butterball ground turkey
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15.25 ounce can black beans
1 cup corn
1 packet of taco seasoning
2.5 cups water
8 ounces elbow pasta 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add in your olive oil and the butterball ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion, and green peppers. and cook until the turkey is longer pink. (about 7-10 minutes)
3. Once the turkey is cooked, add in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and water.
4. Bring everything to a full boil and add in the pasta (note: 8 ounces is NOT the entire box...don't make my mistake and dump in the whole box) :)
5. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, add in the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.